Quartz is one of the hardest natural substances on earth! Combine that with its non-porous surface and blend of unique beauty, it’s no wonder that quartz has gained a lot of popularity in people’s homes. Quartz countertops combine the many benefits of manufactured countertops, such as the ease of cleaning and maintenance, and the natural beauty and lasting durability of natural stone countertops without breaking the bank.
Today, only a fraction of quartz countertops are actually cut from monolithic blocks of stone harvested from quarries. The majority are manufactured from about 95% crushed quartz and 5% polymers. The infused materials result in countertops that are nearly scratch proof, almost maintenance free, and have the added benefit of coming in a variety of designer colors that range from translucent whites to sandy browns or monolithic blacks.
The color choices are what excite most homeowners. With the open floor plans of many of today’s kitchens spreading out into dining and living areas, it is important for designers to coordinate countertop color choices with the rest of the house. With the nearly limitless color options, kitchens that flow into the rest of the home become a piece of cake.
Top Ten benefits of quartz countertops:
- Provides a naturally hard and extremely durable surface
- Resists stains, scratches, and scorching.
- Quartz tiles or monolithic slabs on can be used on shower walls and kitchen counters
- Comes in an almost unlimited color variety and can be manufactured to look like real stone countertops
- Can be shaped into nearly any shape or design imaginable
- Quartz countertops don’t need to be sealed like many other surfaces
- Ability to install an under mount sink and faucets can be installed directly on top for a seamless design
- Hot pots and pans can be placed on the working surface of the counter without any wear
- Cost efficient without sacrificing design and quality
- Bacteria has a harder time taking hold in quartz counters than any other countertop.