Master Bathroom Color Ideas to Enhance Your Space
Choosing the right color scheme to incorporate within a room is a simple way to transform the style of a space and drive the design to fit your aesthetic. It can be challenging to select one hue from all of the master bathroom paint colors available. While there are many colors for master bathrooms available, not all master bathroom colors will offer the same appeal and style to a space. To help narrow down the selection of colors, we have curated a list of the best master bathroom color trends to choose from.
- Charcoal Gray: Dark, moody paint colors can create a master bathroom that feels elegant, rich, and sophisticated. Charcoal gray is light enough to maintain a feeling of openness in the room but dark enough to serve as a stylistic accent. In addition, charcoal gray is easy to pair décor and supplementary finishes with to create a space that is complete, dignified, and uniquely tailored to your taste. Don’t love charcoal gray? A lighter gray can have a similar elegant feel as you see below.
- Clean White: When thinking of color palette that will enhance a master bathroom, white may not be the color that immediately comes to mind, but a crisp, clean white color can offer a blank canvas upon which to build a bold, unique style. If you want the bathroom to feel clean, bright, and open, pair it with white subway tiles, a patterned black and white tile, and a floating wood vanity. This will make the space feel tied together, complete, and refreshing.
- Taupe: Taupe is a deep, rich color that combines brown and gray to achieve a versatile hue that you can customize to meet your unique stylistic preferences. This earthy tone pairs well with natural materials, such as wood accents or a bamboo mat. It is often best to bring in some lighter colored décor pieces of finishes to balance out the deep tone of the taupe and maintain a light, open feeling within the space.
- Navy Blue: A deep, dark navy blue color will at once imbue a master bathroom with sophistication and tranquility that will create an inviting, aesthetically pleasing environment. Light tile and accents offer a crisp counterpart to the dark, deep blue hue. Because navy blue is a versatile tone, it can pair well with a number of different colors, offering a bold hue upon which to build a unique master bathroom design.
- Midnight Black: Having a black master bathroom is certainly not the most traditional choice, but for some this can create a more modern bathroom that is both elegant and classic. To offset the inherent darkness of the black tone, it is important to incorporate pops of color through décor, plants, or different means. In addition, it can sometimes enhance the style of the space to pair this bold color choice with all white tile, glass shower doors, and a wood vanity. This will keep the space natural, light, and balance the tone of the black.
- Seafoam Green: A light seafoam green can create a master bathroom that feels tranquil and traditional. Seafoam green is a light enough that it adds a delicate touch of color without overpowering the space. This color pairs well with both white and natural wood, whether it is light or dark wood. Seafoam green can also be incorporated in décor throughout the master bathroom as an accent color to make the space feel cohesive and complete. It is the perfect master bathroom color for both contemporary and traditional styles to add a coastal, natural feel.
- Ice Blue: For many, a master bathroom would ideally feel like a retreat and a spa. Incorporating an ice blue paint color will make the space feel tranquil, relaxing, and rejuvenating. Ice blue pairs well with a number of neutrals, including black, white, gray, brown, and tan, making it an easy foundation upon which to build a broader stylistic vision.
- Soft Beige: For those who prefer to get their statements pieces through tile, a vanity, or other décor, a soft beige can be a wonderful neutral color to select. Soft beige fosters a warm, inviting atmosphere without overpowering the space. It is warmer than a typical white, but not so bright and loud that it overshadows other design elements within the space. Pair with a bold bathroom tile on the wall and floor or incorporate a unique vanity to create a space that is original and familiar.
With so many colors to choose from there is a shade that will match your personality and style aesthetic. Choosing which color to go with is one of the most fun tasks during a bathroom remodel, but it can also be one of the most challenging. Use the color ideas we’ve come up with as inspiration for your brand new bathroom, or check out our bathroom remodeling idea and renovation gallery!